HILTON HEAD / BLUFFTON CIVITAN
PRE-CHARTER METING #6
7:00 PM SEPTEMBER 8, 2015
CORK’S WINE BAR
Members in Attendance
Mark Yarbrough, Lee Ann Gerhardt, Patrick Nelson, Mike Taylor, Dianne Hillyer, Robert Stanziola, Neil Castellane, Mitch Hendrick, Lynn Mustazza, Peggy Rettinger, Krista Bright, Nick Bright, Beth Doudoukjian
Call to Order
MIKE TAYLOR, 7:10 PM
MIKE TAYLOR – Mike stated we have 28 paid members as of the beginning of the meeting with 4 new members tonight. 2 new members were recruited from the Meetup App.
Charter Development Process Overview
• $20 Initiation fee Waived until September 30, 2015
• A minimum of 25 members is needed to apply for a charter. A $250 Bonus is paid by Civitan International for 30 members, $300 for 35 members and $350 dollars for 40 members. We will have 2 weeks after the application is filed.
• By-Laws Adoption needs to take place tonight so we can elect officers.
• Officer Elections will be next monday September 14, 2015 • Officer Training will take place between the elections and the end of the month.
• Charter Night Dinner- We have tenatively scheduled our Charter night dinner for October 1, 2015. Possible locations include Red Fish, Oyster Factory, Wreck of the Salty Dog or the Harbour Towne Yatch Club. Beth Doudoukjian will find out more an let us know. We are going to try to keep the dinner to $35 per person with a cash bar.
By-Laws Introduction and Approval
MIKE TAYLOR – A copy of the proposed bylaws were distributed. They are a standard set of Civitan Bylaws that have been modified for our club. The main differences are:
1) The meetings were generically listed as 2 meetings a month.
2) Iniation fee is $20. Quarterly dues are $25.
3) Our board will consist of past President, President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and 3 directors. Motion to accept the bylaws as written by Neil Castellane. Second by Beth Doudoujkian. Bylaws were approved unanimously.
Officer Elections Announcement and Descriptions
NEIL CASTELLANE – Elections are scheduled for the Monday, September 14th. We’ve been collection applications for officers for the past week. So far the following people have expressed interest in running for office are:
Mark Yarbrough, President; Beth Doudoujkian, President Elect; Charmian Hendrick, Treasurer; Neil Castellane, Director; Mitch Hendrick, Director; Lynn Mustazza, Director; Robert Stanziola, Director.
Current and Upcoming Events Overview
• Currently we are collecting donations for CAPA. We have a great collection this week.
• The Special Olympics North AmericanChampionships is this weekend. A number of Civitans have volunteered to work. Training is tomorrow night at PM at the Sonesta.
Marketing and PR Update
• Currently we have an appeareance scheduled on WHHI’s Talk of the Town for September 15. Mark is also working with Hilton Head Monthly to get Club announcements listed for next month in the business sections.
• HHICivitan.com is now active. There is a “Member’s Only” area. Everyone should’ve received and an email with a link to activate their account. The By-Laws on on the page as well as a member directory. Hopefully we will be able to set up online voting as well for elections.
While we are beginning Mark Yarbrough took pictures for our website, including a group shot.
As a Fund-Raiser, Mark Yarbrough suggested we do a dollar raffle each week for a donated item. All proceeds will go to the Chapters General Fund account. This first week was just a teaser and no money was collected, but Beth provided a bottle of wine from Southern Spirits and Mark provided 2 Salty Dog stemless wine glasses. Our first winner was Peggy Rettinger.